Dear Members and Friends,
Greetings to All!
It is a matter of great delight that the new Executive Committee was elected at the 35th Annual General Meeting held on 29 June 2014 (list of Executive Committee Members and Sub-Committees are attached).
At the outset, I, on behalf of the Executive Committee 2014-15, extend heartfelt gratitude to our Association Members for electing them through a transparent and democratic process.
I would also like to express sincere thanks to the Executive Committee 2013-14, a body constituted exclusively by senior citizens of BA Block, for their outstanding work, vision, hard work and initiatives to absorb and assimilate views and aspirations of our Members. Moreover, in just only 4 months, they charted a new course of journey, and led not by word but by deed. A great learning experience for us all.
I, on behalf of the Executive Committee 2014-15, would also like to inform you of the following resolutions, all unanimously taken at the Annual General Meeting held on 29 June 2014.
• Remaining funds, if any, in the account of Salt Lake City BA Block Durga Puja and Kali Puja Committee must be transferred to the Block Association bank account by 31 March every year.
• Effective from 1 July 2014, minimum donation for community building (Utsarga) development fund will be enhanced from Rs 1,500 to Rs 2,000 rupees for the sons and daughters of the existing Members or the Members who have expired. For the other Members, minimum donation amount is fixed at 7,000.
• A K Saha and Company will audit all the accounts of our Block Association, including Durga Puja and Kali Puja and Block Library for the financial year 2014-2015.
• Printed copies of the minutes of AGM of every year will be distributed to the members as early as possible after the AGM is over.
I would also like to inform you that the Executive Committee 2014-15 has taken the following decisions and made the following approvals:
• CO-OPTION: As per the provisions of the Memorandum of the Block Association, the Executive Committee 2014-15 unanimously co-opted Mr Subhashis Bhattacharya of BA-4/6 as the Assistant Secretary, and Mr Biplab Poddar of BA 41 and Dr Satyabrata Chakraborty of BA 5/4 as Members of the Executive Committee 2014-15.
• BOOKING OF THE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Confirmation for application for the use of Utsarga, our Community Building, for marriage or other purposes, will be made to the non-Members six months in advance instead of the existing three calendar months. It was also decided that one date will be kept reserved for Block Members every month.
• SUB-COMMITTEES: The list of chairmen/ chairpersons and conveners of various
Sub-Committees for the Year 2014-15 was approved. Please see the attached
• BUDGET PRESENTATION: The Executive Committee 2014-15 approved the
Budget presented by Treasurer, Mr Sandip Roy for 2014-15.
• NEW MEMBERS: The Executive Committee 2014-15 has approved the
applications of Mrs Sanghamitra Basu (BA 98) and Narendra Nath Mukherjee
(BA 5/6) for membership of the Association. Please join the Executive Committee
2014-15 in welcoming them.
• BLOCK CALENDAR: The Executive Committee 2014-15 has approved the
CALENDAR of events, programmes activities for the Year 2014-15. Please see
the attached list.
• Legal Matters: I would like to inform our members that a case has been filed by
three members challenging the process of election and a few other related
matters. It may be noted that the process of the Election of the Executive
Committee and the Office-Bearers 2014-15 as well as actual formation of the
Executive Committee 2014-15 was and made approved during the Annual
General Meeting on 29 June 2014.
• BLOCK WEBSITE: I am happy to announce that Executive Committee has
decided to have a website of its own and launch the same at an early date to be
Dr Satyabrata Chakraborty of BA 5/4 (Cell No. 9432597988) is spearheading
this initiative. We would request our members and residents to help him with
ideas, inputs, photographs and anything that could be relevant to this initiative.
Please send soft copies of content and inputs to email@example.com.
• Fixing date for holding a Special General Meeting to for Committees for
Durga Puja & Kali Puja 2014: A Notice to this effect has already been circulated
that the said SGM will be held on 27 July (Sunday) 2014 at 7 pm at ‘Utsarga’,
122/1, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700 014.
The Executive Committee 2014-15 also discussed the ailing state of the Block Library,
which is one of the oldest in Salt Lake. We urge our Members and Residents to come
forward to help our Block Library to regain its glory. We also sincerely request to you
become members of the Library to promote the culture of serious reading.
I would also like to put on record that the financial position of the Block is not sound at
the moment. You will greatly help us tide over the situation by paying your Annual
Subscription well in advance.
We seek whole-hearted support and active participation from you all. Your wisdom and
support and participation will remain the source of strength of our Association more even
vibrant and take to greater heights. Feel free to share with us your valuable suggestions.
Thanks and Regards,